Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Easy Whole30 Meal in 10 Minutes


Okay so I must confess that I only made it 12 days on my first Whole30. I think I would have done much better if I had been better prepared. I jumped in to do it concurrently with a friend, who read the book and was ready to go. She did fantastic and lost 15 lbs in 30 days. She looked and felt amazing when she was done (I am still so proud of her!!!). I lost 6 lbs in 12 days. I cannot wait to do it again, but I have learned that I need to give myself plenty of prep time and I also need meals that I can make for my whole family. Cooking for just myself and then making a separate meal for them was not working. It made me feel like I was being punished. I am also rather cranky without cream in my coffee and I was having a really hard time making the transition to nights with sub par coffee. Below is my favorite meal that everyone wanted to eat. It was also one of the easiest so I/we ended up eating it quite a few times in 12 days. It's also something I continue to make because even though it is simple, it is very delicious!

Shopping list:
Chicken breasts
Olive Oil
Assorted bell peppers
Onion
Avocado
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cut the chicken breasts into strips or chunks and add to a heated saute pan on medium with a little bit of olive oil and salt/pepper to taste. While the chicken is cooking cut up peppers and onions and add them to the chicken about 4 minutes in. Continue to let the chicken cook and peppers and onions to get tender. While that is cooking another 3-4 minutes cut up avocados into wedges. There you have it. A delicious, fast dinner that follows the Whole30 guidelines that will fill you up. If you aren't on Whole30, add a piece of bread or a pita to the mix. For the kids I would add some fresh fruit on the side.

I could usually make this meal in less than 10 minutes because I would prep my onions, peppers and chicken breast and have my cutting done ahead of time. That has really been the key to being able to stick to healthy eating in general. When I don't prep I tend to make things that are less healthy. This is a good go to recipe to add to my rotation.

What is your favorite Whole30 recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It means so much to me!