Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

An Ariel Party and Homemade Butter Cream Frosting

In the past (before I went back to work) I would have planned out what to do for Regan's party and done all of the shopping by myself.  This time we spent a lot of time at the computer looking at Pinterest for ideas.  I even let the girls go with me to Target to pick out all the supplies.  Since she is just turning 4 it was a family party with the exception of her BFF from gymnastics and her sisters.

I wanted simple and no stress.  So I really only decorated one area.  I used green crepe paper cut in various lengths, twirled and taped to look like sea weed.  It was a big hit.  It only took 15 minutes to cut them and put them up.  You could get more creative and add characters or fish, but we didn't get that far.  In fact I didn't even get a picture of it so use your imagination.  For the table we used red and pink (Target didn't have teal or purple table cloths!) which are the colors of Ariel's formal dress and hair color.  I also put out Hershey's pot of gold nuggets (because Ariel searched for treasure) and the spring M&M's (just the purple and teal blue ones we ate the other ones) in an Ariel cup.  

I poured my heart into her cake though.  We bought the Ariel bath set at Target to top the cake with.  It doubled as a present.  The cake was 7 layers and I attempted the color graduation with it in shades of teal.  I made homemade butter cream frosting (with homemade butter y'all) and tinted it teal (what she asked for) and shaped it to look like waves.  It was super yummy.  


Recipe for Homemade Butter Cream Frosting:

About 1 cup of Homemade Butter (unsalted) softened at room temperature
1 bag of powdered sugar
1/4-1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
Dash of salt
Approximately 1 tsp of vanilla (just squirt a bit in there)

Combine all ingredients until desired consistency.  Start with the smallest amount of cream and add more until  creamy.  Tint if desired.


The Birthday Girl.  

My first attempt at graduated colors.  Not my best work, lol, but it tasted amazing!
Lighting the candles!

And now I have a 4 year old.  A glorious little girl who amazes me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It means so much to me!